Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Moment Of Happiness

Well, today, something occurred that resulted in a very happy Reindeer. Kind of.

As I was about to leave for music lessons today, my sister noticed that among the mail were our PSAT results. We, of course, tore the envelopes off and tried to figure out whether we did better or worse than we did last year (the time that it didn't count). I actually scored one less in the Mathematics section than I did last year, but the same in the others, so in reality, my score (which is added together) was 198 instead of 199, though how good that is, I don't know.

Last year one of the guys who took it with us aced it. 100% correct. Scholarship invitations and such from colleges all over in the USA. I'm jealous.

Still, my results aren't too bad--the thing comes with nice percentages--"you scored higher than ___ percentage of juniors." In the case of Mathematics, I scored higher than 65% of juniors, in Writing skills I scored higher than 97% of juniors, and in Critical Reading I scored higher than 99% of juniors.

It's really nice to know that I didn't get worse or anything in Critical Reading and Writing Skills since last year, but kind of frustrating that I didn't do better--I made two errors in Critical Reading and 3 in Writing Skills. It's going to bother me to no end.

On the way back from music lessons, though, I reached the bus stop with four minutes until the bus arrived, so I decided to walk to the next one, as I would be walking up to it when the bus arrived. That is, I would have been if the bus hadn't gone early. I was just out of a comfortable running distance (running distances are drastically reduced when you've got a cello on your back) from the stop when the bus pulled up. Four minutes early. Gah. It was really frustrating.

Anyways, I ended up walking to the 'next stop' the whole way--I made it almost halfway down the bus route before the next one arrived (around 15-20 minutes later), and then I just decided to walk the rest of the way.

AND MY SISTERS COME BACK FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! My second-oldest sister comes back from the USofA on Sunday morning, then, a week later, my oldest sister comes in, and finally, on the 23rd, my third-oldest sister comes back. It'll be the first time my whole family's been around for Christmas in several years. We're all really hyped about it. :D

No comments: