Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanksgiving and post-It

Well, I've decided that I've gone long enough without updating. Last week and the week before I had an excuse--this week I don't.

So, starting with two weeks ago--Thanksgiving.

I had a blast. It was the 'smallest' Thanksgiving celebration we've had since 1997--there were only fifteen people. It felt....weird. Normally we have somewhere around 30. Anyway, we had the missionary family who lives on the floor beneath us come, another missionary family from a nearby city, several English teachers who....teach English around the city, and some Dutch friends. Oh, and an English guy from church. And two American girls who live in Germany right now and my family met this summer....it was my second time meeting them.

And there was lots of food. I spent a while making three pumpkin pies (THE ULTIMATE PIES EVER!) the night before, my mom and my twin made the turkey, the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, and the gravy, etc. And three more pies--a pecan pie, an apple pie, and a chocolate-chip pie (<--absolutely great to get on a sugar high with).

I think I gained a bunch of weight just eating, though I was hungry again at 'suppertime'.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I had several ideas of stuff to blog about, and I remembered them all the way up until this last Saturday. So now I have to try to remember what they were, because I think I was ready to write quite a bit about them.

So, on Sunday night, my twin came down with a fever. And apparently, she decided I couldn't be happy unless I was sick too, because I felt absolutely miserable the next day. And the rest of the week.

It wasn't until Saturday that we started feeling fine--meaning, able to do more than just lie in bed or on the couch or something. Unfortunately, I had to make up a bunch of homework, and the same on Sunday afternoon (including three tests I had missed....). However, I managed to return Sunday night and read up. It made me very happy.

No comments: