Friday, January 25, 2008

Back

Well, it seems that right after I left A-U so that I would have more time that I made use of in real life, real life gave me a lot more to do. I just got back today from house-sitting for a family that was at a conference for a week. It was fun. Spent most of my time reading, talking with my sister, doing homework, lplaying with their dogs, and playing on the X360. Which is pretty much what I do at home, but minus the X360 and plus chores and stuff.

Since it seems as though I never got around to updating about my Christmas holiday, I'll do so now. It can be summed up in three words--"It. Was. Great." :D All of my sisters were present, in addition to my sister's boyfriend (who is now her fiancé), and a childhood friend from the Caribbean and her boyfriend.

Life rocks. ^_^

Um....what's new. On my birthday this year, I'll be on a twelve-hour flight to the USA for the graduation of one of my sisters and the wedding of another. I love how so many exciting and enjoyable things can happen in a short time.

Hopefully I'll be back on a normal sleep schedule by Monday--since we started Christmas break, my sleep schedule has been really diverse. At around New Year's Day I was staying up until around 5:00 AM on a daily basis, several days pushing it to 10:00, but then school started, so I had to switch around to getting up at 6:00 AM, and consequently going to bed earlier. Thanks to the machinations of life, I felt almost jet-lagged after my sisters flew back to the USA (several days after school started), waking up around four times every hour for the whole night for around a week. Then that stopped, and I had an almost-normal week, then I went house-sitting, and ended up going to bed before midnight only one night, and that night I actually couldn't fall asleep until after my alarm went off in the morning. >_<

But now things should hopefully return to normal. :D

4 comments:

Melda said...

YAY it's a post. I kept hoping you'd post, because I hardly ever see you on MSN anymore. That's awesome you had a good Christmas! Where in the US are you flying to? (on your birthday, hehe) I envy you, house-sitting :P Must be a lot less work than babysitting.

Inverted Frog said...

We're flying into Washington, D.C., then going up to New York for the graduation, then back down to New Jersey for the wedding. :D

Anonymous said...

Wow. :) Sounds like you had a great time :D I almost envy your jetlag- I've never been on a plane... xD

Inverted Frog said...

It's a blast. :D

And no pun intended, btw.