Friday, October 26, 2007

Um

As you might have guessed from the title, this is going to be one of my highly intellectual lackings of intelligent and interesting updates. Meaning, I'm not going to make this very deep.

First things first. I'm not sick anymore (I hope!). It wasn't that bad, really--only a perpetually runny nose, a throat that felt swollen and full of needles, and massive headaches, vertigo, and lightheadedness. Go me. Anyway, it's passed, now, and I'm back to merely having a minor headache every few hours, like I normally do.

Second things.....second, I guess. I'm pretty sure we had some flurries yesterday. Very, very, very, light and unnoticeable snow. Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly enough to satisfy me. However, I noticed it when I was downtown on my way to my cello lesson in a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals, since I've stubbornly decided that I'm not going to wear anything else on a school-day until either our first freeze or our first big snow. I might regret that, but for now, I'll stick it out. Anyways, if we had gotten a big snow while I was downtown, I would've ended up being miserably cold, since I would be just somewhat underdressed. As it was, the light drizzle that we had shortly after I thought I saw flurries made it difficult to stay warm, because I'm pretty sure that the rain was like .001°C. It's really hard to stay warm when there's frigid water on your bare skin. Minus the rain, though, yesterday was fine--I'd say it was a lovely temperature of around 5°C, so I was content, though I would've preferred it if the sun was out.

Oh. Just so y'all know the drearier aspects of my life right now, I have to finish Pride and Prejudice and read Charles Dickens' Hard Times within the next four days. I'm not worried about it, but I find both Jane Austen and Charles Dickens to be extremly boring and tedious authors. I've yet to read one of Charles Dickens' books that I find even marginally enjoyable.

And I'm stilling plodding through LotR, which is going far slower than normal due to the fact that I'm only reading for a few minutes every day. So it's like 1008 pages at a rate of like 20 pages a day. So I should technically be able to read it within the next 30 days, but I think I'll try to spend a little more time on it. I mean, I can read any four 'books' on the same day, so I should be able to go faster than 20 pages a day, but the major reason for me not going through it very quickly is that all of the free time I could spend reading it is spent online. <_<

But it's not like I'm on a lot.....:P

1 comment:

Melda said...

We got snow! Last night. Just a bit, and it's melted now, but I was happy. Fwee. And nice to have you back :)

~Sil