Thursday, October 18, 2007

I love my Cello

I really do. It's so cool. It's so much fun. Lesson's rock.

But.....I have to wait a little while before I can play Bach's Prelude from his Cello Suite #1 in G Minor. I really, really, really don't want to wait. It's my absolute favourite cello song, followed by a rendition of Ave Maria, which in this case is played as a duet. Both are incredible.

In the meantime, I have to settle for playing songs by Handel and Beethoven, etc. The cello was not their strong points, though there are still some decent ones by them.

Today was only around 10° Celsius. Yesterday it was all the way down at 2° Celsius in the morning. However, since it was raining today, it felt colder than yesterday. I'm pretty sure that I got more odd looks today than I did yesterday, since I'm wearing roughly the same outfit now that I was yesterday, which consists of a T-shirt, shorts, and sandals. As long as the temperature (including wind-chill) is above 0°C, I'm fine in that, for the most part. Occassionally I'll get inexplicably cold, but....it's much more fun in just a T-shirt, shorts, and sandals.

The only drawback is that I don't wear gloves (I don't like it when my hands are really warm), so when I go to my cello lessons, my hands are icy and somewhat sluggish and clumsy at first, until they warm up again. Other than that, everything is enjoyable. Today would've been a great day, if it hadn't been overcast and raining.

And I want snow. I really, really, really want snow. Not just flurries, either. I want winter to descend heralded by around three feet of snow. That would be cool. And it would signal that I should wear jeans instead of shorts and a sweater or sweatshirt overtop of the t-shirt.

Yay for snow!

6 comments:

Melda said...

Let's hear it for snow! Gosh, I want it too. I FULLY expected to have snow here by now, and it's making me mad that I don't.

~Sil

Anonymous said...

.....Are you a reptile?! :P Or a Vampire? :P Or do you just have some kind of inner radiator? :P

Lol! You just earned a new nickname. Zeh Radiotorness.
And snow is cool, though we probably won't have it here. Blerg. Stupid environmental changes. I used to ice-skate every winter. But I'm still good at it, so next time we're somewhere with ice....yay! :D I'll just have to wait till' our next holiday. :P

Inverted Frog said...

If'n I was a reptile, I would've been frozen through by now. We have no sunlight currently, so I wouldn't really have any way of getting warm.

I'd say I probably just have an inner radiator.

Haha. I fall over every time I try to skate.

Anonymous said...

Reptiles freeze without sun. True. ...Ok, you have a point. Fine. :P Pfft. *bangs self on head with WoT book*

Lol! how do you manage to fall over?! I got my first iceskates when I was about 4, maybe 5....and that was the only time when I regularly fell. :P And I'm not even that good...can't do a spin or anything. :P

You should practise! *strict look* :P

Inverted Frog said...

Um, I don't have skates, and I don't skate very often either. Once a year, max.

Anonymous said...

Pppfft. Once a year is max for me too :P SO 'tis no excuse :P

...Lol. I wasn't being serious, haha.. ;)

If you want to remain unknowing of the miraculous, wonderful, utterly awesome, awesomeness of being able to decently iceskate, it's really your choice... :P