Thursday, March 20, 2008

Changes

Well, it's certainly been a while since my last post. I've done a whole lot in that time, and in some ways, not so much at all. I'm on Crossroads of Twilight for the seventh time, and I've been managing on staying well on top of my homework, which is fun.

I house-sat again this last month for the same family as last time, and for once I played no Halo 3 at all (I was going to, but the X360 wouldn't connect for multiplayer. Fable: The Lost Chapters and discovered that it was a really, really cool game.

I've also decided that I really, really, really love epic soundtrack music. Not just battle music, but epic music. And if it's somewhat sorrowful/bittersweet, so much the better. So I've been listing to the AWE, DMC, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, The Passion, The Last Samurai, The Village, and RotS soundtracks. And loving them. I just need more soundtracks. But, as the title of the post implies, I've got some huge changes coming up in my life, starting with the fact that my family is moving to the USA in mid-August. Having never really lived there (spending the summer doesn't really count), that's going to be a really radical change. I've got no worries about whether or not I'll adapt, as I know that won't be such a huge deal for me, but it will also be my first time in a "public" school setting (my sister and I might end up going to a private school, but most likely a public one). That is somewhat more worrisome. However, I'm mostly just wishing that I could do everything that I want to do before leaving Slovakia, as I obviously won't be able to do that when I'm in the USA. Especially because there's not much chance of me going anywhere before I'm out of college, now, which might end up being a matter of some years (depending on whether or not I go to med school). So, I'm kind of split over whether I want to move or not, though I'm certainly not going to try to keep my family here--we're going to the USA just to be closer to my older sisters, who are having a really rough time being away from us and trying to adapt to the (seemingly) bizarre culture in the USA.

So, life is going to be interesting for me. And, since in the summer I'm going back to the Czech republic for some weeks to work at a camp again, and then I might go to a camp in the UK as well (on top of packing to leave to the USA), I probably won't be on the comp much at all. Which totally stinks.

No comments: