Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Life As It Has Been For The Last Few Days

For starters, I had a really awesome day on Thursday. Now it started off bad--I woke up and could barely swallow because my throat was sore and swollen. However, within two hours, I could almost swallow normally. After lunch, however, I had something really, really fun. I went to a recording studio here and recorded a voice-over for a Documentary about youth ministry/something in Kenya. I was asked the day before by my mom, who had been asked (to ask me) by some people neither of us had ever met. Anyways, I recorded for them for something around one and a half hours, and had lots of fun. And I got something like $50 dollars for it, though that was merely a side thing--I would've been more than willing to do it for free.

Anyway, even though I didn't think I sounded that great, my mom and the people at the recording studio (who apparently aren't as audio-sensitive as I am) thought it was okay.

So, I spent Thursday afternoon in a very enjoyable way.

And also, since I didn't mention it in my earlier blogs for some reason, my family is in the process of moving. All of one floor. Our landlords moved out of the top floor of our duplex-or-whatever-a-house-w/-two-apartments-is-called, and we moved in. From the floor beneath. Well, we're technically still moving in. All that's left, though, are a bunch of small things, and several wardrobes. And the piano. I'm not looking forward to that.

My dad and I moved up five beds, two bookcases, the refrigerator, the freezer, and several bureaus by ourselves. That was difficult. We also moved up our 200-some-pound TV. That was really hard. That TV is a beast. It's bulky, heavy, and there is absolutely no grip on it. My dad and I could've carried it by ourselves if it had just been balanced. However, the weight is distributed really weirdly, so it took four of us to move it. >_< I really hope that I never have to move that again.

My best friend came over Friday night and left a few hours ago, so he helped me and my dad move some stuff, and we played some BfME2, and we watched The Last Samurai, Kingdom of Heaven, and Braveheart, in that order. We liked the first two, but we both basically laughed through the third, since it's so historically inacurrate.

And now I have all of my homework to do for the weekend, and catching up on A-U RPGs and topics. ^_^ All-in-all, it's been a fun weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*takes pity on commentless post* =P
That recording thing sounds really really cool. :D And good luck with moving - haha, our house is a mess too; my mum has been(once again) in a let's-re-paint-and-completely-re-arrange-the-house mood for days. I couldn't even enter my own room yesterday. =P Braveheart....lol. I know what you mean. I didn't even have the patience to watch it completely. =P